Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (169)

 
This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Wait For Me 
By Caroline Leech 
Release Date: January 31, 2017
The perfect blend of sweet romance and historical flavor, Wait for Me, from debut author Caroline Leech, brings a fresh new voice to a much-loved genre.

It’s 1945, and Lorna Anderson’s life on her father’s farm in Scotland consists of endless chores and rationing, knitting Red Cross scarves, and praying for an Allied victory. So when Paul Vogel, a German prisoner of war, is assigned as the new farmhand, Lorna is appalled. How can she possibly work alongside the enemy when her own brothers are risking their lives for their country?

But as Lorna reluctantly spends time with Paul, she feels herself changing. The more she learns about him—from his time in the war to his life back home in Germany—the more she sees the boy behind the soldier. Soon Lorna is battling her own warring heart. Loving Paul could mean losing her family and the life she’s always known. With tensions rising all around them, Lorna must decide how much she’s willing to sacrifice before the end of the war determines their fate.
 


----------------------------

I don't ever read YA historical books, but for some reason this book sounds so good to me. I think it's the fact that it's a forbidden romance and enemies fall for each other. I don't know why, but that sounds like it's going to be an awesome romance. So much more tension and drama is added to the fact that there is a war going on and I can't wait to read this! And did I mention that this takes place in Scotland? Yeah, if I wasn't sold on the synopsis before, I definitely am now! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice pick! Not really my kind of read but I hope you totally enjoy it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...