Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday (168)

 
 
This is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where every Wednesday bloggers highlight a book that they are eagerly anticipating the release of!

Until it Fades
By KA Tucker
Release Date: May 2, 2017
Twenty-four-year-old truck stop waitress and single mother Catherine Wright has simple goals: to give her five-year-old daughter a happy life and to never again be the talk of the town in Balsam, Pennsylvania: population two thousand outside of tourist season.

And then one foggy night, on a lonely road back from another failed attempt at a relationship, Catherine saves a man’s life. It isn’t until after the police have arrived that Catherine realizes exactly who it is she has saved: Brett Madden, hockey icon and media darling.

Catherine has already had her fifteen minutes of fame and the last thing she wants is to have her past dragged back into the spotlight, only this time on a national stage. So she hides her identity. It works.

For a time.

But when she finds the man she saved standing on her doorstep, desperate to thank her, all that changes. What begins as an immediate friendship quickly turns into something neither of them expected. Something that Catherine isn’t sure she can handle; something that Catherine is afraid to trust.

Because how long can an extraordinary man like Brett be interested in an ordinary woman like Catherine…before the spark fades?


--------------------------------

I love KA Tucker's Ten Tiny Breaths series, so I was intrigued when I saw she had a new book coming out in 2017. When I read the summary and realized there was a hockey player in it, I immediately added it to my must-read list for next year. I love how the girl in this book doesn't want to be in the spotlight but the guy wants to be in her life after she saved is life. And it sounds like a friends to lovers kind of story, which I always love. I definitely can't wait for this one to come out! 

4 comments:

  1. Nice pick! Totally new to me!! Hope you positively love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by this author before. I hope you enjoy reading this book.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this before but it sounds really good. Great choice!
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read a Tucker book, I think! I know I have at least one of the Ten Tiny Breaths books, but I have not read any of them. I hope you enjoy this new book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Jessica. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...