Thursday, June 9, 2016

Book Review: Fly With Me by Chanel Cleeton

Fly With Me (Wild Aces #1)
By Chanel Cleeton
Release Date: May 3, 2016
Source: Publisher
U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller—call sign Burn—loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her.

Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down. 

One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can’t leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah’s job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love…



As a huge fan of Top Gun, you'd think I would have read more military/Air Force romances by now. Sadly, I have only read a few and reading this book has definitely left me wanting more of those hot men in uniforms with an attitude that nothing could ever touch them. 

Fighter pilot Noah Miller has dedicated his life to the Air Force and couldn't have asked for a better job; nothing can compare that feeling in the air. Well, until he meets Jordan Callahan. One chance meeting in Vegas turns both of their worlds upside down before they know it. There is undeniable chemistry between Jordan and Noah, but a fighter pilot romance is definitely not all rainbows and butterflies. Could Jordan give up her amazing business and family for a life with Noah? 

As you can guess from the synopsis, this book had some pretty heavy emotions as it explored just how much you can give up for someone. Pretty early on in this book, Jordan and Noah knew that they had something irresistible and special that neither one of them wanted to give up. That being said, I wish we had a little bit more build up of their romance and less focus on their fear of having a long distance relationship and how they could possibly be together for real. Other than that minor plot focus, though, I thought their chemistry was through the roof and I loved how intense they became, especially with the time they had together being so precious. 

Since pretty much everyone thinks of Top Gun when they think of the Air Force, I loved the Top Gun references and how there were some lighter moments to this book. Along with the lighter moments, though, were definitely some heavier moments and emotions were all over the place with this couple. My heart broke during one moment that, while was kind of predictable, still pulled at my heartstrings and made the book take a serious turn. Gotta love those intense emotions that won't let you tear your gaze from the pages! 

Overall, this book has the emotion, chemistry, and heat I love in my romances. I loved how Noah was a fighter pilot and how his job was so important to him. I don't often read long distance relationship romances, so the difficulties this couple faced captured my heart and I wanted them to be together so badly for this entire book. I am definitely excited for Thor's story in the next book and I can't wait to see more of my sexy pilots!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...